Monday, October 3, 2011

Retiro

Parque del Retiro
Retiro park is a huge 350 acre park near the middle of Madrid. It is the largest park of the city of Madrid, Spain. There are always a lot of people inside the park on nice days, which is like seriously every day here. My friends and I like to have picnics in the park after class, and I like to study in the park. There are also little row boat rentals at the lago in the park, as well as roller-skate rentals. This park is a great place for "people watchers" like myself. There are a ton of statues throughout the park and a lot of little jardines, a ton of trees and lots of running trails.

Here is a statue in the park.

Sitting by a tree studying 

This is kind of a creepy picture on my part haha, but I just thought this old man looked so classic sitting on this bench in the park.

 A map of one of the little jardines.


A fountain in the park.

Becca Sendy and I on one of out many picnics.


Palacio de Cristal, there is a really cool slide inside this building.

Map of Retiro

The el Retiro symbol. Notice the Madrid city symbol in the corner also.
Parque del Retiro is a great place to visit while in Madrid if you want to get out of the city feel for a while and be surrounded by green. Its a great place to relax and also a great place to meet Spainards. 
Ps sorry to Ms. Widman for not updating my blog as much as I should, I am really busy here! :)
Hasta Luego


No comments:

Post a Comment