Thursday, September 1, 2011

Arrived!

¡HOLA!



I made it to Spain safe and its beautiful here! The airline did loose my luggage though.  Last night i stayed in a hotel a with other students and I could not figure out how to turn the lights on! I felt so stupid but since Madrid is trying to conserve energy they make the hotel room so that you need to put your card in this slot thing for the lights to turn on and stay on.  I literally walked around the room pressing buttons for like 15 minutes.  And  I had to pay 4 euros which is like 6 dollars to have just 30 min of internet access! I got some good sleep last night though that was much needed.


This morning my bags were found! Thank goodness because that would have been very malo!

< my glorious luggage!




We had orientation at the hotel today and then walked around the city. Its so old and beautiful.  I ate paella today, its a tradicional spanish dish with rice chicken and seafood. It was interesting but good.







I also met my host family today! They are so nice.  There is a mom a dad and a daughter, I have not met the daughter yet because she is at her grandparents house until sunday. The dad speaks some english and the mom does not very much.  The house has an AMAZING view of the city I will take a picture and post it next time. The neighborhood i am living in is so cute! The biggest thing at this point is obviously the language barrier, but I feel like I am learning fast. Todo es bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment