Friday, December 30, 2011

Mom Dad and Noah in Madrid November 18-27


My parents and little brother noah came to Madrid to visit me for 10 days over thanksgiving. While they were here they visited el Escorial, Segovia, Toledo, and we went to Venice Italy.  While in Madrid they stayed in SOL which is in the center of the city. 


When they first got there we ate at a restaurant in plaza mayor.


Noah and dad loved the café con leche.



We took a train to el Escorial an old monastery north of Madrid.






We also ate at the oldest restaurant in the world, el Botin it opened in the 18 hundreds.



My parents wanted to meet my friends in the program so they took us all out for paella.



Noah and I went to a Real Madrid futbol game. We sat 8th row  with my host dad.




One night my real family came over to have dinner with my host family, it was really fun and interesting to see how everyone would communicate the dads got along well and spoke English and I had to do a bit of translating for my moms but it worked out well.




They were still in Madrid for thanksgiving so we went on hunt for a thanksgiving dinner and we found one. It was not exactly what we thought it would be but it was alright.










No comments:

Post a Comment